If you can’t stand the heat….
It’s hot in the kitchens, scratch that. Very hot. A distinct lack of air this week makes for tired chefs. Every year it’s the same, we look forward to the warm weather but as soon as the reality at work kicks in we all long for the autumn. I am trying to stay positive at the moment, the hay fever seems to have reduced in verocity but I continue to be bitten by every garden based insect known to mankind.
Anyway, here’s this week’s up’s and down’s.
1. Rolf Harris. Yet another childhood memory to eradicate. Those poor girls.
2. Andy Murray. Utterly miserable.
3. Twitter campaigns. What’s happened to the girls kidnapped by Boko Harum Twitter world?
4. Oscar Pistorius-sick to death of this. Concentrate on the ebola outbreak instead
5. A&E departments, another world entirely.
6. Whitefly. Still got the bloody things.
1. Books, is there anything finer than a good read?
2. Home grown strawberries, warm and delicious.
3. Chilli plants coming back from near death. Robust little blighters!!
4. Booking tickets for Robert Plant, really looking forward to this one.
5. Plans for the new year, something good to lok forward to.
6. Gin and tonic, a damm fine thirst quencher.